Odobea

Random Thoughts...

Monday, July 22, 2002

Water Front
Today was a long and interesting day. We went to the waterfront. It was nice and sunny, a little too sunny. I think we moved out of the sun about three times, just trying to get away from its burning rays. The tree we were under didn't seem to be doing any good. The scenery was nice too. The silvery navy blue river was calm as ever. People were walking by, prisoners of their own thoughts. I always wonder what they're thinking about as they go about their day.

There were children and adults alike playing in a giant fountain. I guess they don't get many sunny days. They were in swim suits and were having the time of their lives. I would have loved to join but didn't want to get my hair wet. Not after Bubu had spent hours fixing it up for me.

There was a black man sitting on the bench not far from us. At first I thought he was just a bum but when he pulled out his artwork I had instant respect for him. He was working on an acrylic paining of a ship on the water. A blend of beautiful blues, greens, yellows and reds gave the water a strange and unusually realistic look. People started crowding around and I could see they were impressed.

Pigeons flew by him and in that instant I made a mental note to remember that scene in time with the old man painting with a crowd round him and pigeons flying by. I'll some day make a painting of that.
Bubu and I spent a long time on the grass. It was as always, relaxing and fun. There were the little dogs that came by and started fighting in front of us. There were the muscled men jogging or biking bare chested all oiled and tanned. There was the man in a suit who just looked out of place. He must have been burning up in 95 degree weather. Despite all the bugs, we were there for a while. I guess the scenery made it all worth while.

Later on that evening, we went to a comedy club. Again, with free tickets. We're yet to pay for a show at that club. There really must be a sign somewhere that states that they have R rated jokes, or is it a XXX rating? All I know is that I felt mighty uncomfortable up in the front row with Bubu laughing her butt off while the dirty old man of a comic cracked jokes about some of the people in the front row. But I've got to admit, true to his word, he WAS funnier than shit!!

I've got to go to bed now.. somebody wants to meamea me before we sleep.

Oh, I just remembered. Faf put up a pic of those umm mmm lips on his on his blog. What a tease!