Odobea

Random Thoughts...

Monday, July 15, 2002

Crying Headache
Yesterday I woke up with a strange headache. It felt like a crying headache but I hadn't been crying. I went on all day.
I didn't know we weren't talking until I read her blog. I just thought she was giving me blunt answers because she was in one of her moods (like I sometimes am). I was already pissed from the day before with the person I hung up on. I guess I should have known but my head was throbing and I really didn't want to talk or think. Then I started wondering how long it would take for her to come up and talk to me about it if I didn't initiate the conversation. I thought maybe an hour max. Hours went by and each one made me more angry and more miserable.

Come bed time I was restless and agitated. I thought, if I apologized to whoever I hung up on I'd feel a little better. That didn't happen. I knew I had to talk to her before the night was through but the depressive emotion of the entire day had compressed and weighted down on me so much and the shame, oh the shame! She definatly doesn't need this emotional burden. What was I thinking? I was the one in the wrong. Why had I waited. Like a man, it was my pride, my ego, the dread of having to say "I'm sorry". But like a woman I broke down and cried. Why, oh why do we put ourselves through this drama?