Odobea

Random Thoughts...

Thursday, June 20, 2002

Poor Nurse
I had the poor nurses panties in a twist. Not literally. I was sitting in the lounge area and she came up to me and asked who I was waiting for. Normally I would have been upset but I did see her asking everyone else. Sometimes I wonder why I do such things. I told her that I was waiting for Emitt, Emitt Smith. I got that name from some commercial I had seen. She checked her list and saw no Emitt Smith. I seemed rather upset. I told her that Emitt had come in earlier that morning and I had been waiting for hours. She said she'd walk around the wards and check.
An hour later she was back looking confused. I told her that I'd seen the doctor or nurse take him upstairs. She suddenly looked worried. How would it look? The hospital had lost a patient. Emitt Smith was gone. Could he have just walked out the hospital? I gave her that "Oh no you didn't" look. I asked to talk to someone in charge. I knew it was going too far. Luckily my ride had just called so I stormed out of the hospital yelling back to the nurse, "I'll be back!"