Odobea

Random Thoughts...

Monday, June 24, 2002

Taste of Beaverton
Soulsis, her friend and I went to The Taste of Beaverton Festival at Griffith Park. It was pretty interesting. There was so much to see and do. Several companies were displaying things in boothes and giving away free stuff. We went mainly for two things, the food and to watch Spirogyra perform. The band worked magic on stage. I had no idea how good they really were.
The weather started getting cold (at least for me) so I bought a long sleeved hawaiin t-shirt. Who knew there was such a thing. Can you believe they had alcohol patrol? Yep, they had people in tight uniform walking around checking out for drunks. I guess the cops were too busy looking out for litter bugs.

What advice do you give to your friend who's going cross country? Don't go? Try and stay awake? Watch out for roadkill? Is it a bad idea to have them call you every couple of hours just to see if they're ok or is that overkill?